Azure Data Engineer
RemoteNetherlands, Overijssel, ZwolleData & A.I.
Gaining insight and knowing how to put the results to good use. That is what it is all about! As an Azure Data Engineer, you manage, transform, process, aggregate and interpret the data. In addition, you know how to use the right tools for this job. If you think, "I got this!" then we are looking for you!
What will you be doing?
As an Azure Data Engineer at Intercept you work, together with your team, on complex data designs and implementation issues for our (international) customers. As an Azure Data Engineer you will advise and help our customers shape their data journey. Every customer and every question is different, which means that every day is different too. But what will you really do? Azure Data Engineer
According to team member Lisa, her daily work can be divided into 2 things: Consultancy and Data Lifecycle Management. With consultancy, we help the customer to set up a data project. This can be projects that need to be set up from scratch, or existing projects that need to be migrated to the cloud. We also design the infrastructure for customers who already have some things running in the cloud, but which according to circumstances are not performing as they should. So, a second opinion. At Intercept, a data design goes a long way: we don't just create a design, we give a customer the option to have us build, implement and maintain it.
When we have built the design, the daily activities fall under Data Lifecycle Management. In Data Lifecycle Management, we carry out the day-to-day work on the data solution. We also solve ad hoc help requests from customers. Data Lifecycle Management is a new product within Intercept. To set up Data Lifecycle Management the input of our Data specialists is of great value. A big job that we would like to continue together with you!
Who are we?
We are the specialist for transforming software driven organisations to Microsoft Azure. Empowering organisations through the public cloud is part of our raison d'être and we are convinced that Microsoft Azure is the best solution to achieve this. The Microsoft platform provides workloads and tools to enable any organisation anywhere to use business applications and data efficiently and securely.
What do you bring?
You are inquisitive and will not shy away from the challenge of a new project or complex technical problem. You are a go-getter and enjoy helping both clients and colleagues. You have the courage to speak up if you think something could be done better. As a team player, you are at your best. After all, together you can achieve more! We would like to see the following;
- Academic working and thinking level
- 3+ years of relevant experience with data solutions on Azure
- Preferably 1 of the following languages: SQL, Apache Spark (PySpark or Spark Scala), Python, Scala, but another functional or object-oriented language will also do.
- Familiar with (2 or more) of the following tools; Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Databases: Azure SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Cosmos DB, etc.
- Data storage: Azure Data Lake Storage (GEN 2), Azure blob storage
- Do you have knowledge of Power BI or another data visualisation tool, TOP! That is a big plus!
What do we offer you?
Besides a role within a rapidly growing international scale-up, we are a community within a community. We help each other, think with each other and make sure we are successful together. We offer you a lot of freedom, both in techniques and time.
You can also expect this from us;
- Between €5.000,- and €6.000,- gross per month / 40 hours per week (depending on experience)
- €500 to set up your home office
- Access to own MSDN subscription
- Flexibility/freedom. With this we give you the opportunity to shape your own work-life balance. Do you want to work out during the day? Do it! We trust our people
- Initiative is highly appreciated and you will get the space to do so
- Neat pension provisions, personal study scheme and the opportunity to grow!
Are you looking for ambitious and complex Azure projects? Do you want to work with the latest Azure technologies on advanced cloud transformations? Then by all means, apply quickly!!